Turmeric, a native of the Asian subcontinent, is a common household spice in India. It has been clinically proven to help in managing oxidative and inflammatory conditions, metabolic syndrome, arthritis, anxiety, and hyperlipidemia. Additionally, Cucuma longa is also effective in treating chronic skin ulcers, scabies, and regular wound infections.
- Country of origin: India
- Harvest season: February-March
- Color: Vibrant golden-orange
- Packaging: Multi-wall paper bags, tote sacks
- Shelf life: 18 months from harvest
- Curcumin levels: Guaranteed 2-5%
Usage and Benefits
Turmeric is revered in India for its versatility. It adds a distinct color, flavor and nutritional value to curries, lentils, rice, juices and more. When combined with milk, yogurt or oils, it makes a traditional healing tonic. Our organic turmeric can enrich any recipe or remedy.